- This event has passed.
Intro to Preserving and Fermentation
March 13 @ 1:00 am - 3:00 am AWST
Join us for a social and inspiring talk/demonstration covering the building blocks of preserving and fermenting food. Your Instructor Mee Cheng will cover:
- Overview of fermenting and preserving
- Discussion of key methods of preserving/ fermenting (dry and wet brine, solar dehydration cultured beverages etc)
- Curating a fermenting environment and best vessel choices
- Key ingredients
- Demonstration of Lacto fermenting processes: sauerkraut, pickled cucumber, fermented tomato salsa and kombucha
- Sampling of lots of delicious homemade ferments!
Leave with a jar of one of the demonstration ferments, and the knowledge (and inspiration!) to get started at home.
All equipment and materials are provided, but please bring one 250 ml jar to take some product home.