Sourdough Baking Workshop with Jane
May 4, 2024 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm AWST
Join us for a comprehensive hands-on workshop all about cultivating a sourdough culture and using it to bake bread. This is a very addictive and delicious hobby! Your instructor Jane will cover:
- Overview of the benefits and process for making sourdough bread
- How to make and maintain your own sourdough starter
- Demonstration and hands-on mixing, forming and baking your bread
- Recipes and recommendations for flour and equipment
- Sourdough tastings to sample for morning tea
- Take your dough with you, to shape and bake at home
Please bring a jar (~250 ml) to take your sourdough culture home and a container or bowl (1-1.5L) for your dough. All other equipment and materials are provided.
Our weekly farmer’s market will be in full swing during your workshop, so it’s worth arriving a little early to check out the stalls and maybe buy some fresh produce.
Perth City Farm is a community urban farm that supports connected, sustainable communities. Established on a former industrial site in East Perth, this polluted site has been lovingly rehabilitated by volunteers to become a Western Australian icon for environmental sustainability and community engagement. We provide space and opportunities to build community connections, and educate and enable people to live sustainably.