Sourdough Bread (+ more!) Workshop
June 26 @ 8:45 am - 11:45 am AWST
Join us for a comprehensive hands-on workshop all about cultivating a sourdough culture and using it to bake bread and other goodies. Your Instructor Mee Cheng will cover:
- Overview of sourdough nature and process
- Learn how to make your own starter from scratch
- Learn how to use an alternative starter to make sourdough
- Hands-on making sourdough bread
- Explanation of the different flours and its textures in sourdough
- Learn how to use excessive starter to make flatbreads and crackers, and vary basic recipes
- Try multiple sourdough samplings with homemade fermented salsa, fire cider chutney, honey, infused olive oil and cultured butter
Leave with some of Mee Cheng’s sourdough culture to get you started, and the knowledge to make much more at home. And a belly full of delicious warm bread and preserves!
All equipment and materials are provided, but please bring one 250 ml jar to take your starter home.
All this is set in the grounds of Perth City Farm, non-profit community environmental centre that provides space and opportunities to cultivate connection, and educates and enables all of us to live sustainably with nature. The workshop space is connected to our lush food gardens, and we’ll make use of them as much as possible during the workshop.