March 5, 2024 @ 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm AWST
An event every month that begins at 4:00 pm on day First of the month, repeating until July 2, 2024
Tunesday is a new free community event hosted by Rosie & Noni on the first Tuesday of each month, from 4pm to 6pm at Perth City Farm.
It’s for anyone (over 15) who wants to creative, write, sing & play music together. Beginners are welcome & you’re encouraged to bring an instrument if you play (not necessary though).
There’ll be a song theme for each session, which you’ll contemplate, write & sing about together, as well as doing a sing along to cover songs.
What to bring:
Please bring a pen, paper & your instruments (optional if you play any). You’re also welcome to bring some food to share with the group.
- Gather together and share session topic/theme.
Some example themes are: seasons, a day in your life, friendship and community, environment and nature.
- We discuss the session theme together with prompt questions such as ‘how does this theme relate to your life right now?’ And ‘what emotions or memories come up when thinking about this theme?’
3. We then separate or get into pairs/small groups and try writing a song about the theme.
4. We then re-gather and share what we’ve worked on.
5. After this if someone is comfortable we can take up one of the songs and work on it together as a group and try singing it together.
6. If no-one is ready to work on their song we can either work on a song someone has brought in to share that they’ve written previously or sing along to a cover Rosie and Noni will have previously chosen.
At Perth City Farm, we are kind to each other, ourselves and the Earth. We welcome and include all; inviting visitors to pause and reconnect with themselves, others, nature and spirit.
– GETTING HERE –
Although there is paid City of Perth parking around the area, it can get very busy during standard working hours. The easiest way to get to Perth City Farm is via public transport. We are just down the steps from Claisebrook Train Station, and the Yellow CAT bus stops just out the front.